Saturday, July 25, 2009

Fifi's 1st Grade Curriculum- Science

It took me a few weeks (okay more then a month) to realize I had never made a Science curriculum for Fifi. I was so convinced I was done LOL. I have everything printed out, binders created, supplies bought... And then the realization came crashing down around me.

So, after questioning my little girl about what she would like to learn... I gave her a choice of animals, natures (trees and flowers), or Earth (a mini version of Earth Science). She chose animals, so here is what I put together today. (Hehe, I did put together an entire curriculum and all 38 lesson plans together today... and Im braggin')

Monday- introduce the animal and read the bio provided by the worksheet from http://www.enchantedlearning.com/ The worksheets will be put in her Science binder. I did also find Continental Animal booklets on the site, that encourage her to write a sentence about each animal found on a specific continent.
Tuesday- talk about the habitat the animal comes from, what it eats, how it breeds, where in the world we would be able to find it... We will also come up with 5 vocabulary words about that animal.
Wednesday- we will draw a picture of where the animal lives noting its main foods and surroundings. This will also be placed in her binder.
Thursday- we will write the 5 vocabulary words and define them on paper. I made vocab worksheets that are printable with 5 blank spaces for the words and 5 lines for the definitions. This way they can be put in her Science binder.
Fridays- we will do a coloring page about the animal and read a story about each animal from the library. I have a rough list of the stories and not all are non fiction.

1) Lions
2) Zebras
3) Ostriches
4) Rhinoceros
5) African Elephants and Asian Elephants
6) Giraffes
7) Chimpanzees
8) Cheetahs
9) Gorillas (and finish the Africa booklet from EL which I am counting as a test grade)
10) Parrots
11) Penguins (both African and South American)
12) Llamas and Alpacas
13) Camels
14) Beavers and Capybaras
15) Pandas
16) Snow leopards
17) Tigers
18) Yaks
19) Storks
20) Sun bears
21) Monkeys (specifically Asian monkeys ending the Asian booklet as a test)
22) Crocodiles and Alligators
23) Flamingos
24) Frogs and Toads
25) Owls
26) Kangaroos
27) Armadillos
28) Buffalo and Bison
29) Chinchillas
30) Squirrels, Chipmunks, and Picas
31) Pigs, Hogs, and Javelinas
32) Rabbits and Hares
33) Manatees
34) Sea Lions
35) Caribou
36) Horses
37) Bears (finishing the North American booklet graded as a test)
38) Finishing the Australian booklet as a test grade

No comments: