Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My Book Addiction

I suppose the first step is admitting I have a problem.
Hello my name is Dani and I love books. I love the way they feel, the way they smell, escaping into them...
Homeschooling my children gives me the opportunity to play with tons and tons of books. Text books, chapter books, workbooks, educational books... It makes me giddy!
Not to mention, I read at least one of my books a day. My addiction causes me to shop for school books well after we are done with our curriculum. I have them waiting in my amazon cart, right there on the other tab... $40 in books, on sale, saving me hundreds, right? Okay, so we don't actually need them. We have what we need and the weekly lesson plans are already written out so we may not ever get to using those books... but they are saving me money right, on sale?... Unless common sense dawns and I realize they aren't saving me money when I buy them but don't need them... And heck the money I don't spend on books I don't need, I can always use to buy more vampire romance books!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, my name is Shannon and I too have a book addiction...it's been 15 minutes since I last read...it's a battle but I'm forcing myself to wait another 15 before begining the next read...LOL