Thursday, August 28, 2008

August 28th 2008

More insomnia has affected my desire to blog. Please wait silently for the rain of frogs...

August 28th,
Fifi:
Math- we worked with patterns both in her Strawberry Shortcake workbook and on the kitchen table with plastic beads. She can do up to a five step repeating pattern now. Yay!
Phonics- we did another workbook page focusing on the letter k. We also watched Leap Frog Letter Factory like a million times in two days. Hey I was tired and it kept her in one room. LOL
ASL- we have now mastered the letter K. We also watched the Signing Time videos. Shes really good at one word at a time. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to move on the sentences?
Spelling- She read her words to me, out of order from a paper. 8 more down, 200,000 to go LOL
ABC's/Writing- we started big Ks and little ks. She is pretty convinced they are Rs.

Coco and Mimi:
Math- We were scheduled to start the 7s table today but I changed my plan and we started word problems. We make a wall list of the 6 steps of a word problem and did some work on the board. Then we did a worksheet from Math SkillBuilders Grade 3.
Science- Since we are using Endangered Animals in our ASL project, we had to look up where 10 different animals live to learn how to sign those. We also had to make our costumes for the ASL project. (Is this an art project, science project or ASL project hmmm)
Geography- We drew a picture of what it would look like looking out our living room windows if we lived in Arizona. Lots of cacti LOL
Spelling- We alphabetized our spelling words. Mimi did a great job, Coco did too but still managed to spell the words wrong LOL
Language Arts-We made soup. No really. They had to describe each vegetable and ingredient with two words and put it into the soup pot. Now I have soup for the weekend and they are getting better at describing. Mimi hate this for some reason. Since the law was passed in our home that "I dont know" isnt an answer (Honestly, I would rather get a wrong answer than nothing) She is forced to abandon her standing favorite answer and actually speak to me.
ASL- With Lola in charge the girls have had to change their play. It is now much more like a play and less like a really long cheer. There are now costumes, lines and umm sadly still no plot LOL. My classroom is looking more like a rain forest each day (I will post pics later I promise) and the girls are looking up words on their own to write their lines. This is exactly what I wanted!

Lola:
Math- www.aaamath.com has started her on comparing integers. For those that remember what this is... its greater than and less than. She actually thanked me and asked me if we could just do this all year. Sadly, she cannot.
Science- She did a Respiratory Cloze from www.bogglesworldesl.com
Geography- Since she had gotten bored a few days ago and made the Arizona flag, she relaxed a bit today and just drew a picture with the younger girls. Her landscaped included Mexican gardeners rolling out an artificial lawn. Nice.
Spelling- After having gotten 115% on her spelling pretest (Thanks Grama for cherub) she did her crossword puzzle today knowing there is no test tomorrow.
Language Arts- We are still working on different types of subjects, Lola hates this and I am pretty sure I am going to backtrack her LA next week. New month, less complaining...
Extras- Lola said she needed an extension on her creative writing project. She has gotten so caught up in reading Homecoming and now Dicey's Song, she hasn't been writing consistently. She now has until the 4th. She has also been writing cheers to help the younger girls remember their multiplication tables. I would be lost without her.

We are dropping Ohio State History from our curriculum. We don't like it, turns out it is not required (for certain grades) and we honestly don't have time to squeeze in the 30 minutes a week. End of story.

Also, as I know I have a few readers from Ohio Lore and Happy Homeschoolers. I wanted to say hi and thank you for your support!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just wanted to say sorry the rain cancelled the picnic. Will your food still be good next Friday? You could bring it by here and we could have lunch. lol ;P I look forward to meeting you next week. Have a lovely weekend.